Massage Therapy Continuing Education
The International Spa Institute offers continuing education in a number of massage therapy specialties and advanced modalities. All workshops will qualify for continuing education credits as required by the South Carolina Board of Massage Therapy and the National Certification Board for Massage and Bodywork. Some workshops will be available for student enrollment, but do not count as continuing education credits. Students will, however, earn clock hours and a Certificate of Completion for any advanced education workshop they attend.
March 19, 9 am – 6 pm
March 20, 9 am – 5 pm
Hot Rock Magic
Other than a relaxing Swedish massage, hot stone massage is the most requested service at spas worldwide. It’s also the biggest liability in the spa industry. Why? Because many therapists aren’t properly trained in either protocol or safety or both! Giving a safe, sanitary and relaxing hot stone massage is not magic, but it does require knowledge, presence and practice.
Hot Rock Magic will teach you everything you need to know to start performing this lucrative service immediately. History, safety, sanitation, equipment and protocol will all be covered. Most importantly, you will learn how to give an amazing Hot Rock Massage that flows seamlessly from beginning to end.
Prerequisite: Licensed massage therapist. Current ISI students may enroll with instructor’s permission.
15 SC & NCBTMB CE’s
To register for this class, click HERE.
April 21st @ 4 pm -
April 28th @ 10 am
SPRING RETREAT & TRAINING
Check off your entire New Year’s resolution list in one AMAZING week!
1. Take a much-deserved vacation on Hilton Head Island, SC, a nature-lover’s paradise! Stay in a luxurious 7 bedroom home just steps from the beach, complete with pool, hot tub and game room.
2. Learn new techniques that will enhance your practice. Earn 40 hours of NCBTMB and FL-approved continuing education! We’ll teach you Lomi Lomi and build from there using hot stones, healing shells & bamboo. We’ll make natural scrubs & muds for optimal healing.
3. Nurture your body, mind and soul! We’ve got it all covered…sunset beach walks, forest bike rides, meditation and good company!
4. Eat healthier foods. All meals are included (except Fri night) and will be prepared using whole, natural ingredients. Mostly vegetarian with some fish and a Southern Cooking class!
5. Exercise more. Enjoy daily sunrise yoga lessons on the beach and a wildlife preserve kayak adventure. We’ve included a bicycle rental for the week so you can pedal to your heart’s content.
6. Get more massages. Mostly hands-on learning means oodles of massages for you and your skin will be glowing after the scrubs and masks!
7. Stop procrastinating! Enroll today. Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
LMT’s staying at the house: $1495 includes class, lodging, meals & activities*
Friends & Family: $900 includes lodging, meals & activities*
Locals Day-Pass: $749 includes class & lunches
To read more, click HERE.
To register, click HERE.
*Not included: Transportation to and from Hilton Head Island & Friday night graduation celebration.